The Sorel Caribou Boot is one of the finest snow and winter boots available today. Unlike so many other winter boots on the market, this boot is designed for both style and function. The boot can be safely taken into the deep mud, slushy snow and deep powder. Most importantly, the boot can be worn comfortably in very cold weather all day long. The Caribou boot is also legendary for incredible durability.
|The Sorel Caribou Boot (Men's Style)|
In short, the Sorel Caribou boot is ideal for anyone who needs a winter boot that will work superbly in a wide variety of winter conditions. For the person who only wants to own one pair or winter or snow boots, this is the ideal boot to own.
And, rather happily, like many Sorels, the Caribou also has replacement liners available. By and large, you can expect the liner to last from 5-15 years, depending on how often you wear the boot and what type of activities you do while wearing it. Replacement liners typically are in the $25-$35 dollar range.
The Caribou is available for both men and women.
If there is a drawback with the Caribou, it is with weight. Due to the rugged construction and significant insulation, the boot tops the scales at over two and a half pounds (per boot - so five pounds total). Because of this, if your winter activities require a lot of walking in areas that aren’t full of deep snow or lots of mud, the Caribou might not be the best boot. Instead, opt for a lighter boot, such as the Cold Mountain for men and the Tivolli II for women.
Where to Buy & Prices
The Caribou is widely available online as well as, in colder climates at least, offline. Online, Amazon usually has the full compliment of sizes and colors of the Caribou boot available.
The Caribou is generally priced around $150, although Amazon often sells it for less than elsewhere online.
|Caribou Boot for Men|
|Caribou Boot for Women|
Other online retailers where the Caribou boot is available include:
Important note when purchasing through Amazon. If you buy footwear through one of the "third party sellers," the purchase may not qualify for free return shipping.
Basic Boot Information
- Temperature Rating : With 400 grams of Thinsulate and a fleece lining, the boot is rated to -40 F.
- Colors Available : Mulitiple colors, changes yearly.
- Weight : 2 lb 8 oz.
- Bottom : Handcrafted waterproof vulcanized rubber shell.
- Upper : Waterproof full grain upper leather.
- Snow Cuff : The snow cuff is a blend of acrylic and wool and effectively prevents snow from falling into the boot.
- Waterproof? : Yes
- Replaceable Liner? : Yes. Available at Amazon
- Sizes Available : 7 to 17 (men), 5 to 11 (women)
- Other Notes : For both men and women
Advantages of the Sorel Caribou Boot
Some of the advantages of the boot include:
- Very warm. Boot has an excellent insulation liner which is also replaceable. The insulation consists of 9mm ThermoPlus felt InnerBoot that provides superb warmth, moisture transfer, comfort, and durability. This allows the boot to have a temperature rating of -40 degrees.
- Excellent support. The upper extends far above the ankle, providing excellent protection from deep snow and mud as well as solid ankle support.
- 100% waterproof
- Superb durability. The Sorel Caribou boot is legendary in terms of durability. It is very common for a Caribou to last ten years or more, even when used on a daily basis. The removable and replaceable inner liner also greatly extends the life of the boot.