The Ugg Butte is, in many ways, a men’s version of the Ugg Adirondack II—which is a popular women’s boot ideal for lots of walking in cold, slick, snowy weather.
|The Ugg Butte Winter Boot for Men. More info & prices at Amazon.|
The Butte, like the Adirondack, provides superb traction due to a Vibram sole and aggressive tread pattern. The traction provided by the Butte is basically identical to what is found on day hiking boots and more traditional winter boots from Salomon and The North Face.
Since both the sole and lower part of the boot is made from rubber, the Butte is also easy to clean.
The upper part of the Butte is made from full grain, waterproof leather. The leather is soft, durable and—unlike more “traditional” Ugg boots—easy to clean.
Overall, the Ugg Butte is an excellent winter boot for men. Men that are active and spend considerable amounts of time outdoors in winter weather, or do lots of walking in snowy, wet, slick conditions will greatly appreciate this boot. And unlike the men’s version of the Classic Short, nobody will be calling them “Uggly.”
If you plan on wearing the Ugg Butte in very cold weather for an extended period of time, don’t ruin the superb insulating properties of merino wool by wearing the wrong sock. To keep your feet warm, be sure to either go barefoot or wear a sock made from merino wool while wearing Ugg boots, such as those sock made by SmartWool. More information about SmartWool socks.
Where to Buy & Prices
The Ugg Butte is available at many online shoe retailers. Offline, a few larger departments stores, such as Nordstrom's, also carry the Butte.
The Ugg Butte is generally priced around $230, although Amazon usually sells them for less.
Other online retailers where the boot is often available include Zappos, Shoes.Com and Shoebuy. Important note when purchasing through Amazon. If you buy footwear through one of the "third party sellers", the purchase does not qualify for free return shipping. Additionally, since Amazon owns Zappos, the prices are almost always identical.
Basic Boot Information
- Temperature Rating : Not rated. But should do well down to 0 degrees, provided the proper winter sock is worn.
- Colors Available : Changes yearly.
- Weight : 1 lb 6oz.
- Snow Cuff : Partially. Sheep skin lining around ankle acts as a de factor snow gaiter.
- Bottom : Vibram Outsole.
- Upper : Full Grain Leather.
- Waterproof? : Yes
- Replaceable Insole? : Yes
- Sizes Available : 7 to 18, whole and half sizes.
- Other Notes : For Men.
Advantages of the Ugg Butte Boot
Some of the advantages of the boot include:
- Vibram Sole is identical to what is used on quality hiking boots. Provides superb traction on wet and slippery surfaces.
- Designed for cold weather. Just remember to use the right winter sock.
- Good arch support.
- 100% waterproof.
- Height of the boot and the sheep skin at top of boots shaft provides a de-factor snow gaiter.
- Vibram outsole makes the lower part of the boot exceptionally easy to clean. Just wash down. The leather upper is also quite easy to clean and won't cake up with mud.